• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What to use to attach Ram sinks on Video Card

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Capt Fiero

I have got an oldie a PNY Geforce 4, Ti4400 card that I want to add ram sinks to. It does 300/650 with stock cooling and pulls off 15,000+ in 3dmark2001. This card is really all I need for my gaming at this point. But being a tweaker I want to do something nice for the card. I have some raw heat sink blocks that I can cut up. I just don't know what to use to attach them with.

Any suggestions would be appricated. I would prefer something that I can buy locally, but send me your recomendations please.

Here is a pic of the front and the back of the card.

P.S. this is the one that was repaired for me by a friend, (thread about flat screwder vs Ti400 that was floating around, if you look close you can see the line on the back of the card.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Apply tiny dots of superglue on 2 or 4 corners with a toothpick and a small dot of thermal grease/compound in the center of each memory module.

Hmm, maybe I will try that. I never thought about using superglue. I have used super glue to attach fans to heat sinks, but never tried it to attach heat sinks to chips. This will give me a chance to use up my old ASIII as well.

Back