• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ur gunna love my virgin run

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

clockless

{new pics} ur gunna love my virgin run

ok so I got all the rest of the stuff for my water cooling setup today well look at the pics the best setup ever lol

Attachments

• Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 308
  • Picture 002.jpg
    Picture 002.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 291
  • Picture 003.jpg
    Picture 003.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 266
Last edited:
My virgin run didn't look too much different:

Attachments

• PICT00022-2.jpg
    PICT00022-2.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 356
yah its really cheap tubing from lowes just using as a test like 60cent a foot got good tube coming later this week and yah i flushe the rad for like and hour still got a bucnh of junk in there but its ok thats why we test and yah its a little foamy

is this the right order
pump>rad>block>tline>pump

Order doesn't make a significant difference in temps.

Watch out for kinks man... thats a massive one on the rad(outlet), and it looks like you have two more about to form ( inlet of rad, and block to tline portion).

Order doesn't make a significant difference in temps.

I want to say "Word." here, but it would be a violation of the Un-cool vibe I'm trying to give off.

dicecca112 said:
dude sandman001 is right what is in there sewage?

LoL feces water feces water

Anyways... did you "flush" the system by how you have it setup for your "virgin run?" if so thats not gonna help much.

Take out your pump (or not as you probably wanna clean it now) and plug one end of your tubbing up to a faucet (squeeze the tubbing over the faucet or just hold it there and make a mess like I do :D ) and let it drain into the sink. Do it for a few min and switch the direction a few times.
older HC's can come with some nasty **** in their.

yah mine was nasty dried up gunk inside sand dirt and who knows what well heres more pics of whats goin to run all nite and a bad pic of me I hope by friday I can have it all setup becasue my lian-li pc60 is coming thursday

Attachments

• Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 134
  • Picture 002.jpg
    Picture 002.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 127
  • Picture 003.jpg
    Picture 003.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 116
seriously clockless. If you have so much gunk in there, you may not be able to get all of it off (since they may build up a layer on the hc water tubes) and it will affect your performance since heat can't dissipate very well. I know you are trying to save money but my advice would be to swallow the $11 loss and spend $20 more at the local autozone to get a brand new hc that you know will give you good performance. Got my fedco 2-302 for like $17.99 + tax. Only mod I did was use a hacksaw and cut maybe about 1"-1.5" from where the tubes insert into the tanks and you are set for install.

yah thats what im thinking gotta find all the sizes people can use and see which ones they'll have in town hopefully this one but yah I'm gunna let it run over nite in the pic above and see how bad it is then

i bought my hc new and it had a bunch of gunk in it

Attachments

• Picture4.JPG
    Picture4.JPG
    51.9 KB · Views: 299
holy **** dude, have trouble keepin the pink water in the big tub ? :D

my virgin run was done almost the same, i still gotta cut my tubing to length tho

yeah it got kinda messy cause i decided not to use t-line or res so i had to connect gpu block underwater in the gallon jug. that was not the worst, when i had my pump connect to my old crappy psu it fell of the sink about 3 feet. i dusted it off and it still works to this day for testing stuff.

clockless said:
yah its really cheap tubing from lowes just using as a test like 60cent a foot got good tube coming later this week and yah i flushe the rad for like and hour still got a bucnh of junk in there but its ok thats why we test and yah its a little foamy

is this the right order
pump>rad>block>tline>pump

you can get clearflex60 for 65 cents a foot...

maybe you should use some cleaner like alcohol or something a little more harsh. People have talked about using stuff like CLR in their loop for a small period of time.

Gah you guys are messy :p

If you have gunk in your system, hook it up to a garden hose to blast it all out, then rinse it out with pure water/distilled water. Problem solved :D.

And BTW, avoid clearflex when you can. It almost always clouds up, and reacts with nearly anything. Tygon rocks.

If you want to clear I recommend letting CLR sit in the rad over night, I had the same problems as you but after CLR and some good ol' pressure from the lips i got it spotless.

Back