• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How many people still running Thorobreds?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stratcatprowlin

How many of you guys are still running Thourobreds or Thortons in your main rig? My XP 2400 has to get the Job done everyday.
What about you?

Well, I wasn't allowed to bring my desktop back to the dorm with me, but if my grades improve, then yes, my 1800+ Thourobred B will still be my horse.

Honestly, I see no reason why the Athlon XP can't last a while longer. With a video card upgrade I should have no problem running anything.

For now the Pentium M in my laptop is plenty powerful for what I need to do.

Keep rockin the socket A.

What do you mean STILL running TBreds?!?!?!

I am just upgrading TO TBreds now. :D

Most of my stuff has Palomino cores.
I just retired my last TBird a few months back.
I recently added 2 TBred 2200s to the single TBred 1700 I have.
That will put me at 3 TBreds and four Pallys.

Perhaps the extra computers explain why I stay so far behind the curve, eh? ;)

rogerdugans said:
What do you mean STILL running TBreds?!?!?!

I am just upgrading TO TBreds now. :D

Most of my stuff has Palomino cores.
I just retired my last TBird a few months back.
I recently added 2 TBred 2200s to the single TBred 1700 I have.
That will put me at 3 TBreds and four Pallys.

Perhaps the extra computers explain why I stay so far behind the curve, eh? ;)

It feels like just yesterday I ditched my 2100 Palomino for a 1700 Tbred B. It was over a year ago though. I just got my SLK-900A and am at 2.55Ghz and it is still the summer time. Once the winter hits the low ambient temps will probably allow for thermal wattage outputs of 140+ and I am going to go for 2.6+Ghz on my Tbred. I am only at 1.85Vcore right now to get 2.55Ghz.

It is a 1700+ DLT3C JIUHB 0310 XPMW.

Ya know,with all the talk about mobile bartons and A64's I felt like the only guy.
Now I feel a little better:)

I've got running in my house.
2500+ Barton
2700+ Thoroughbred
2100+ Palamino
1.4Ghz T-Bird

[embarrassed] 3.2Ghz P4 [/embarrassed]

I just sold a 1700+ tbred rig. I'm running a 2.8 p4e and a 2000+ tbred side by side. I use them both about equally so I can't call one of them my main rig.

I am still running a XP2000+ and it runs like a champ. Now I got my 2 raptors in a raid 0 config, my system is faster than ever. I am not going to upgrade anything for a while, but if I find something that is worth upgrading I will think about it.

Whats wrong with a TB, these chips are here to stay as long as the bioses support them, in fact most if not all NF2 mobos support the old TB, palanimos, and 1st generation socket A Tb's

Artyboy said:
I just sold a 1700+ tbred rig. I'm running a 2.8 p4e and a 2000+ tbred side by side. I use them both about equally so I can't call one of them my main rig.

Awsome! That's cool. I love those Prescott's they are excellent overclockers. How fast is it OC'ed to? Is it overclocked?

In the winter time my thoroughbred core duron runs at a clippy 210x12.5 In summer right now it can't get more than 210x10.5

Back