• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is Hynix B8J-D43 the same as BT-D43?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

3rdRocl

Registered
Hi, I know this sounds like a bit of a daft question but I have just brought 2 sticks of 512Mb BT-D43's for £55 each when I could have brough 2 x B8J-D43's for £35 each when you put HYMD264646B8J-D43 into google it looks like they are the same chips just with different names.

Should just get the cheaper ones?

3rdRocl said:
Hi, I know this sounds like a bit of a daft question but I have just brought 2 sticks of 512Mb BT-D43's for £55 each when I could have brough 2 x B8J-D43's for £35 each when you put HYMD264646B8J-D43 into google it looks like they are the same chips just with different names.

Should just get the cheaper ones?

if i remember correctly the bt/d43 is the nomenclature of the chip itself.
the b8j/d43 is the nomenclature of the module itself. using third generation chips, which are the bt/d43 chips. so to answer your question yes im almost sure that module number employs the bt/d43 chips..

Thanks thats exelent! I'll send the £55 ones back if I can and save a few quid.

my friend as i said im pretty darn sure. but it wouldnt hurt to call or email and ask if they are bt/d43. that can save a headache and u will know for sure...

Back