• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3d Mark 03

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Little DeViL

I got 985...

Here is my rig...

getfile.asp

Is that a proper reflection of my rig?

I dont think it is...

Uhh...
1. you posted in teh wrong section.

2. Why didnt you just post it on futuremark and give us a link?

3. We need to know a little more about your rig.

Well, I only said that because the link doesnt work. Sorry if I sounded rude.

Ohh and yes, your 5200 realy is that slow. My 9700 gets about 5000 stock, but if you start turning up the eye candy it pulls ahead farther.

dguy6789 said:
Your system is perfectly reflected. The FX5200 is a TERRIBLE video card and your cpu is very out of date as well.

Maybe so, but unlike other people... I actually have to earn my own cash to pay for these things... And being at bording school does make it bloody hard to get a job you know...

but, thanx for the ... kind? words

and here is the 3d mark online thing...

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=8089656

Last edited:
um, mister devil, to answer your question, yes those scores properly reflect your machine. you asked, others answered. you seem kinda hostile toward their remarks.... whatever. what he means by turning up the "eye candy" is enabling things like antialasing and ansitropic filter, texture details, etc. ati generally owns in this dept. meaning that with these features on, ati 9700pro for example, the card doesnt suffer too bad in performance versus for example your card, a NV 5200. think yours does bad now, turn on antialiasing and run the tests. theyll be much lower.

how much money is that (R1400-1500) in american dollars or euros?

Yuriman said:
Ohh geez....ehh...4,000 in 3dmark 2001? Must be a 64bit 5200. You can get a new radeon 9100(same card as radeon 8500) for about $40 now, and it will get you about 10,000 3dmarks stock. Ill post a like to mine in a minute.

EDIT: http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=7972118

FSB
100 MHz (Mine)
201 MHz

Memory
512 MB (Mine)
1024 MB

I think that is the main reason why your scores are a lot higher than mine

===================================

R1400 = $ 212.520 = Eur 174.27
R1500 = $ 227.701 = Eur 186.720

@ The_Jizzler... It might have seem hostile, but the other posts seemed a bit hostile as well... Yuriman even commented on 1 post... Thats all... If my posts can across hostile, there weren't meant to be...

I just didn't like someone saying how **** my stuff is... I do know whats happening with CPU's and cards etc... thats all...

No offence/harm intended ;)

Last edited:
nah, the memory doesn't affect your 3dmark score so much. 3dmark 2001 is rather cpu intensive though so the fsb could limit it. The biggest factor is you video card however.

J.

juliendogg said:
nah, the memory doesn't affect your 3dmark score so much. 3dmark 2001 is rather cpu intensive though so the fsb could limit it. The biggest factor is you video card however.

J.

lol... Kinda figured that :p

I'll just wait and see what card The_Jizzler might recommend... :cool:

Yeah, I just bought a 9800 pro off the forums Classifieds for under 200 bucks, so if/when you have access to the Classifieds I would do a search in there and see if some of those guys will ship overseas. You might find a really good deal that way.... if not, I would find a computer shop in your area get a price listing for some of the cards that you like and then post what cards they have and what price they are.... then we can steer you to the best deal for your money. :)

yea man, you got a decent budget there. 180 should get some 3dmark goodness! id suggest a 9700pro if you can find one. i mean, is there alot of choices where you are at? not too familiar withy the south african computer scene. but yea for that price id shoot for 9600 and above ati card, whether it be new or used, depending on the deal.

oh and dont sweat my "hostility" comment. its just that i see so many posts on the web where someone asks a questioin and doesnt get the answer theyre looking for and get all pissy on everyone. but your cool so dont sweat it! ;)

There are a few choices... here are a few cards that fall into my price range...

Which to you recommend for gaming/value purposes/OC'ing...?

• GIGABYTE® ATI Radeon 9600XT AGP8x 256MB 128 Bit DDR / TV-Out + DVI + VIVO / DirectX 9 + OpenGL / Multi-View Function
  • GIGABYTE® ATI Radeon X600PRO PCI-Express 16X 128MB DDR 128-bit DDR with TV-out/Twin View+DVI, Memory 600MHz
  • Gigabyte® nVidia Geforce FX5700 AGP8x 256MB 128 Bit DDR / TV-Out + DVI + VIVO / PowerDVD 5 / Direct X 9.0 + OpenGL
  • Gigabyte® nVidia Geforce FX5900XT AGP8x 128MB 256 Bit DDR / TV-Out + DVI / PowerDVD 5 / Direct X 9.0 + OpenGL
  • Leadtek® nVidia GeForce FX5700 AGP8x 256MB 128 Bit (3.6ns) DDR / TV-Out + DVI + VIVO / Direct X 9.0 + OpenGL
  • Leadtek® nVidia GeForce FX5900XT AGP8x 128MB 256 Bit (2.8ns) DDR / TV-Out + DVI + Hardware Monitor / Direct X 9.0 + OpenGL

GIGABYTE® ATI Radeon X600PRO PCI-Express 16X 128MB DDR 128-bit DDR with TV-out/Twin View+DVI, Memory 600MHz
Well, unless you have PCI-x ... this one's out.

Is there a 9700 Pro available in your area? You might want to consider saving up a few bucks to buy that instead. The FX5900XT is $185 at Newegg, so I would think that the 9700 pro would be within your price range. It's probably one of the best budget cards that you can get right now IMO.

If it isn't available, I might let some of the other guys handle the opinions b/c I'm not that familiar with the Nvidia cards.

Back