• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Not Getting a Screen on Bootup?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

orionnt

Ive had my computer for about 7 months now, and until a week or two ago, it has been runing fine. Specs are as follows:

ASUS A7N8X Mobo
Athlon XP 2100+
1gb Kingston PC2700
160gb WD Caviar
8x Liteon DVD Rom
56x Sony CD-Rom
Sound Blaster Audigy Gamer

GeForce FX5600 256mb
Dell 15" LCD Flatscreen

The problem im having is that just about everytime i turn it on, the computer boots up, the dirves spin up, and everything goes along as normal, except the monitor does not turn on. I get no picture on it at all. The power light stays orange/yellow and never becomes green. Most the times i can simply restart it and then it will work fine, but sometimes i takes several tries to get it running.

What could be causing this problem? could it possibly be the video card going, or is a motherboard issue? Anyhelp is appreciated.

Either your bios got corrupted/mobo is gone....I had the same thing happened with my asus p4c that died....same thing as you...everything turns on but theres no input to the monitor...

Falcon-K said:
I would try reseating the processor and videocard. I have had both of those problems cause that.

Same here. Take the videocard out, cleaning the contacts would be good. When you put it in make sure it's snug. Sometimes the card needs to bein weird positions in the AGP slot to work, or at least, with my old funky EPoX 8rda+.

Try reseating Video Card, Happend to me too. simple reseat fixed it :)

Back