• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

UT2004 vs UT2004 DEMO!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xTrEmEoVrClOcKr

Sadly, I find myself playing the UT2004 Demo over the actual game. I purchased the UT2004 game as soon as it came out and I played it til It got old. I played the demo once and I was hooked. I think I like the demo over the game because on multiplayer, you are familiar with everybody who plays. I dislike the game because you dont know who your playing and you dont have "friends" in the game. I think there is much more respect earned over the demo than the game! I encourage whoever has the demo to play it over the game! If you want to VS me, ill own you ;) My name is {@}[tRi]. THE DEMO WANTS YOU!

i disagre.. i think that yes the Demo is very addiction and i played that when i came out and like it..so i bout the full...and now i love the full...so many ppl so many maps and eveything..well thats my $.02...ya

Completely disagree. The demo simply has a complete lack of variety and polish compared to the full version. Finding regulars is more a matter of being consistent in the game type, style, and servers you select. I'd say there are at least 15 or so people--who don't alias--that I play with night after night. It's like punching in for my second job. Find a few active servers and stick with them. If you're really looking to make some friends in the game start investigating some of the clans of the players you like.

I played the demo allot when it 1st came out, then the game came out so I went and bought it. I can say that the demo ran allot better than the full game did. I never really got into the game, it did feel like you were playing with strangers. I like playing with a group I know and can get really team based action goin on. Maybe should joined a clan or something. Anyways, I dont even play it anymore now.

I was addicted to the demo (ONS-Torlan :D) for 2 weeks. Then came the full game, played it for only 2 days, because of Battlefield Vietnam (which I played a week). I havent played it anymore since those 2 days. But hey I'm just a hardcore RTCW addict so don't listen to me.

I cant stop playing ons-torlan on also on the ut2k4 demo....I dont think im buying the game...maybe if they all go onsale...buy 1 get 1 free....heheheh...poor me!!all my games are demo..... :D

game shopping 2005 or 2006:
Far cry $10
Doom 3 $15
Unreal 2k4 $5
Half life 2 $10

me playing these games when they all go onsale! Priceless!!!!! :beer:

I like the demo because you do play new people everyday, and you play with people you played yesterday. You can track your progress and see how good you really are. I use the lightning gun O RIGHT :).

13rian said:
wuteva the map used in ut2k4 multi is basically like De_Dust (CS)
All of CS can't even stand up to the UT2k4 demo.

I agree that the demo is better than the full game...Torlan is a great map and contains the raptor, hovercraft, and tank, which are the best vehicles. The other play modes were fun for awhile, but really the only other map I find half as fun as Torlan is Mothership in Assault mode. I wish I hadn't bought the full game...

LOL.

Most stupid thing ive ever heard.

if you care more about making freinds, i suggest you leave the house right now, and go make some. UT2004 is for fragging, not for making freinds. :temper:

Grov said:
LOL.

Most stupid thing ive ever heard.

if you care more about making freinds, i suggest you leave the house right now, and go make some. UT2004 is for fragging, not for making freinds. :temper:

Not like friend friends, man I though you were smarter than that. Just people to say "sup to". Thank you, my social life is good so dont put words in my mouth.

Grov said:
Ok, you know what i meant.

It's irrelevant, it's about the gameplay.

I totally disagree. It's MUCH more fun playing against people you know, even if it's just from online.

In cs, I don't like going server hopping. I like to play on the same servers all the time, cause you know the people playing and it's just that much more fun. No idiots, and a lot of laughing.

It's not about "making online friends" as much as it's just about the experience of the game......but to each their own I guess.....

Back