• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for cheap college books

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
be real careful you get the current edition if you are using it for a class, most colleges sell used in the bookstore and have a board up in the student centers to sell them also, better to go for the board than the bookstore to keep the money with the students IMO

I order my big books from amazon.co.uk. Even with shipping to California, they usually turn out much cheaper than the campus bookstore, and even "bargain" book sites. The only difference is that it says "International Edition" in the corner, and because of that you can't sell it back to the campus bookstore at the end of the year and make a profit. ;)

i get mine from half.com i find the books in the bookstore and compare it to the ones on half.com and i usually find the ones i need. and most of the time i find ppl on campus selling them..so its even better

I use to just photocopy the books from the library reserve, or check which ever books I could. Beats paying $100 for a book and then selling it back at the end of the quarter for $10.

Well, in my area, there's a chain called Half Price Computer Books that sells textbooks, mainly for those in the Sciences, for very cheap prices. There may be this store in your area as well, but I'm not sure if they are located in the US or not.

Back