• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1.4@ 1.7+ on Air, anyone done it???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RED Hot Machine

Inactive Moderator
Has anyone got a 1.4 T/bird @1.7 or above. I can get mine to post at above 1.7, but will boot into windows (2k or 98Se). The hightest I've got is to run stable is 1.64, under win2k and 98.

Has anyone got 1.7+ on air????

Had my AYHJA Y 1.4 @ 1.738 (158x11) with Swiftech MC462A. Ran for 72hrs with SETI running. Temps 48C with SETI load. Backed it back down to 1.628 (148x11) because of summer temps. I live in the desert, and the temps have been about 105f, and electricity in California is too expensive. When the cooler weather returns I will crank it back up over 1.7.

RED Hot Machine said:
chawken, what memory are you using, I get memory errors over 1.65.

2 sticks of 256mb Corsair XMS150 - This is on an ABIT KT7A-Raid. On my Epox 8K7A board I am using (2x) 256mb PC2400, with a Athlon MP 1.2 @ 1.512 (168x9). Corsair is good memory for overclocking.

Mine was running at 1.67 completely stable at default voltage until I lost that 12.5 multiplier for a 13 on my 8K7A+. I have to settle at 1.6 now.

Posts at 1.733 but blank screens me after posting the RAID controller BIOS. I didn't try any voltage over +.2 to my core and gave up as it's just too hot here to try anymore than that right now.

I'm pretty confident it will do that 1.73 once things cool down a bit though.

Keep it up guys. We've got a computer show coming up next week. How will I explain another CPU to my wife? Should I tell her that it's to keep the spare DURON in the drawer company?

And to think, I was looking forward to a new digital camera this month.

Oh well......

I'm running my reg @ 1.84GHz with 2.05V and cooled with an SK-6 with a 8K 150mm furnace 'like' fan. Max temp is 46c.

I am nipping at y'alls heels with my little 1 gigger, watch out for me. I HAVE posted stable at 1.65 but temps are outta control.

TranceBear, congrats to u man,

To date, the highest I have ever seen a 1GHz athlon go was 1.67GHz, which was my old little one which I sold to my friend.

It was an AXIAR 99 `weird` and it was smooth. 1.67 was the highest is would go, and that was with 2Volts!

What kind of cooling setups do all you guys have? I'm tryin to figure out what i'm gonna do when I get my new comp.
(1.4 on a KG7)

Xeonetic said:
What kind of cooling setups do all you guys have? I'm tryin to figure out what i'm gonna do when I get my new comp.
(1.4 on a KG7)

For the CPU, Swiftech MC462A - for the case, lots of fans - 8 120mm 105cfm, 2 80mm 39.5cfm, 1 80mm 60cfm, 2 HD bay coolers. About 590cfm intake, and 500cfm output.

chawken said:

For the CPU, Swiftech MC462A - for the case, lots of fans - 8 120mm 105cfm, 2 80mm 39.5cfm, 1 80mm 60cfm, 2 HD bay coolers. About 590cfm intake, and 500cfm output.

What is the noise like, do you keep it in a sound proof room lol.

SK-6 with Delta, 2 80mm intakes and 2 80mm outtakes in a Antec SX1030.

It's no louder than the rest of my PCs since they have Deltas too.

When I go in the bedroom to watch TV I have to shut the door in here though, haha.

I don't know how you fit all those fans in a case.

RED Hot Machine said:

What is the noise like, do you keep it in a sound proof room lol.

How loud is it? The local Airport is filing an injunction against me - claims the pilots can't hear the tower on their headsets when waiting for take off clearance.

Back