• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

best for this system setup?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

unreal

Registered
wondering what oc's opinion is on this,
my new system, not currently running is
amd64 3200 with k8v se deluxe, (the amd combo)
2 gig dual kit of ocz pc3200 eb ram

what vid card wont be throttled on either end, but works best with this system? but isnt like, x800 pci express and stuff, where it wont really see a diffrencec in the games like farcry and doom3....

Yes, you have a pretty high end system right there. Even the 6800 ultras and the X800PE's will do fine with you. I wouldn't worry so much about the throttling.

ok well what about a lower vid card, those are running around 300 and up... what about a slower card? that wouldnt be throttled by the vid but pretty much equal to...

oh well i ended up with the 9700 pro, the board didnt support pci-e

ppl didnt, cost and what not, also for the probs that had with certian games

i would have thought the hd would have, i was waiting on getting a raptor, but if i could you recommend the 6800 but agp version?

well about a month ago it was around 140, so thats why i got the 9700pro off of ebay... unless i can sell it for almost the same price, i would have spent a little more an got the 9800 pro... but oh well,, to late now i guess

Back