• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

other divices ??????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bigswede2

I have just installed my new x800 pro card with the 4.9 beta drivers in divice manager I have a yellow question mark which says other divices and when I click on it I get 2 more yellow ?'s saying unkown divice when i check out the properties it says unkown divice on radeon x800pro, my card is a x800 pro but with 16piplines open @475/450 please help I just got vertical lines (black & white etc). on my screen had to reboot .i'm a bit worried because this is my second card in 2 months my last x800pro died it was not softmobbed just o/c @530/510 &58c my new card just crashed while surfing the net @40c any help is appreciated.

my sig.
asus a8v
athlon fx53
powercolor x800 pro (16piplines open)
1024mb corsair pc 4000

Sorry to hear that.Seems you have had a bit of bad luck.
First,I never install a new card with beta drivers.Try a proven set .
Second,run the CPU and card at stock speed to rule out bad effects of overclocking.
Third,the core may be @40C but maybe the memory is too hot.
Try running with the case open with good airflow on the card to rule out heat problems.
See if any of this can help.

just installed omega drivers and the other divice thing went away the card is running at stock just played doom 3 for about 20min no problems, so i'll just have to wait and see what happens, thanks.

btw which are the best drivers omega or ati ? i'm using the omega's 2558 are there any better or newer 1's because I cant get into omega's website

Great,good to hear the driver change cured your problem.
I personally am using the omega4.5's,but theyre old.I think the latest are the 4.8's.
I cant get to the site either.Try again later.
GL.

Back