• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Laptop Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Very nice laptop. Has a nice video card there , my 9000 is pertty sweet to , plays games with no problem.

that battery life is perrty bad , its that with it runing full speed ? Mine drops down to 1.5Ghz or 833Mhz when on the battery and last for about 4 to 4 1/2 hours

A laptop section would be perrty cool , ppl can post about there's likes and dislikes. and maybe some tech

it's a P4 3.0g- not an M- that's why the battery life is low- that is fine with me, I'll be using this laptop plugged in 99% of the time-

id like to see some mods of laptops i havent seen many, actually, i havent see ANY!

Ya same here , there are a few times i unplug it but not much. i had the steepings off and ran it full speed on the battery it killed my battery in like lest than a hour

awesome review. I read it when I was searching for reviews on google. It's going to be my first notebook as well and was thinking of upgrading the same things you mentioned (ram and hdd).
What do you use your notebook for? What about using the SpeedswitchXP to underclock the cpu to save on power (or am I completely off on it's use?)?

I do a lot of layovers in hotels (i'm an airline pilot) so this laptop will help break the boredom - internet, email, and of course, UT2K3 & Doom 3.

I'll also use it for work- training & company communications.

As far as SpeedSwitch goes, it won't allow you to change the P4 speed- throttling isn't an option.

itshondo said:
CPU-Z identifies the P4 as a Northwood-

That's cool. I'm really worried that my i9100 is going to have a Pressy instead of a northwood. Prescotts never should have touched 478

Back