• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CH-5 voltage regulators

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Froz

I read somewhere that CH-5 regulates voltage down to ~2.7 from 2.7-3.0, and that adding more voltage in there doesn't do diddly. That may explain my Mushkin pc3500 lvl 1 running great at 2.6v but crapping out at anything higher than that. Some folks have suggested to incraese above the regulators for best OC. Any more info here?

Thanks,
Froz

Froz said:
I read somewhere that CH-5 regulates voltage down to ~2.7 from 2.7-3.0, and that adding more voltage in there doesn't do diddly. That may explain my Mushkin pc3500 lvl 1 running great at 2.6v but crapping out at anything higher than that. Some folks have suggested to incraese above the regulators for best OC. Any more info here?

Thanks,
Froz

i have heard that some CH-5 responds very irregular to Minor voltage increases(2.7-3.0ish). They said that it was due to Voltage reguler "shutter", which caused instability. but when the voltage was pushed beyone 3.1 the voltage regular was overcome, and it was stable again from there to 3.3Vish

EDIT: read this

it apears that is is acually a "Voltage Limiter", and not all have good results above stock Vdimm

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. I'm not entirely sure if it's my ram that's holding my fsb at 216. I know the CPU is fine, but the MB (damn variant nf7-s's) may be the culprit.

Back