• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can someone explain to mewhat your doing when you do a droop mod?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Achilles17

Ive heard a lot about the Droop Mod for the P4C800-E, and im considering doing it myself. Now I know how to do it, thats not my question. My question is: Whats going on in the circuits when you do this mod? What is the Droop Mod counteracting against to correct the voltages? Essentially, how does it work? Thanx a lot guys!

I would assume it bypasses the stock voltage controller with a ~28K resistor and stabilizes the voltage because it maintains a constant resistance, maybe the resistance provided by the IC either isnt the right amount, or is unstable.

-CaT

well I looked at some schematics for the chip (the ADP3180) and theres 200k ohms of resistance there (i think thats what it was) to start with. So it seems like your bypassing that 200k ohms with 28k ohms...which seems like a big drop in resistance. So, is this really ok?

I think ive seen about every single thread on droop mods on a P4C800 on this board, and on xtremesystems.org. Ive already seen that thread, and it was actually very helpful (especially those pics). So thanx a lot, due to those threads i know how to do it, now all thats left is to learn what im doing, lol.

Back