• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Would a vdimm mod help me?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Achilles17

Hi, i have 1 gig of OCZ pc4400, running at 245mhz 1:1, at 2.5-4-4-7 with 2.85V. If I were to do a vdimm mod, would it help me tighten timings a bit? My CPU still has some overclocking room, right now im at 3.7ghz stable, but it can do more. Would it be worth it to do the vdimm mod to tighten the timings, especially if I OC more and I would have to tighten the loosen the timings to give it more bandwith? Also, would it be worth it to get a DDR Booster instead of doing a vdimm mod (I have a P4C800-E Dlx)? Thanx!

Achilles17 said:
Hi, i have 1 gig of OCZ pc4400, running at 245mhz 1:1, at 2.5-4-4-7 with 2.85V. If I were to do a vdimm mod, would it help me tighten timings a bit? My CPU still has some overclocking room, right now im at 3.7ghz stable, but it can do more. Would it be worth it to do the vdimm mod to tighten the timings, especially if I OC more and I would have to tighten the loosen the timings to give it more bandwith? Also, would it be worth it to get a DDR Booster instead of doing a vdimm mod (I have a P4C800-E Dlx)? Thanx!

im not 100% what kind of chips are in that ram but if its the hynix i dont think raising the vdimm will help it out much. maybe someone else with this ram could confirm what ocz is using in it though.

yes, it uses the Hynix B chips. Right now I have it at 2.85v, which is the most my motherboard will give it. Would a vdimm mod be worth it, or a DDR booster? or would they both be a waste of time/money considering it uses Hynix Revision C-D5 chips.

Last edited:
i have 1 gig of Geil Ultra PC4400. im running at 250 1:1, at 2.8v at 2.5-4-4-7. i dont think you can lower the timings anymore at that speed. i can run it at 270 1:1, at 2.8v 3-4-4-8. im limited by my mobo, it only lets me do 2.8v stable. if you wanted to go any higher, you have to increase the voltage to 2.9-3v.

yeah thats simillar timings to what im running, you dont think that if i pumped more volts into it I could get them any tighter? I dont count on going above 275 FSB anyway, as im running on air cooling, and the highest I ever booted to windows with these was around 270 FSB (4 ghz), but that wasnt totally stable. Oh, and they arent Hynix B, they are Hynix Revision C-D5. Sorry about that.

Voltage usually does nothing for Hynix except damage it. You can't get the timings tighter unless you drop below 230 or so most of the time. They're designed for high latency, high speed and voltage operation.

Gautam said:
Voltage usually does nothing for Hynix except damage it. You can't get the timings tighter unless you drop below 230 or so most of the time. They're designed for high latency, high speed and voltage operation.
exactly. pc 4400 is designed for 1 thing 1-1, hi latency and fast..

Back