• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

sorry but. . .

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

whoever

my tubing keeps kinking (along with all the other problems I am having) I am jsut using home depot tubing, is ther esome kind of tubing that doesn't kink? and where can I buy it?

Zygon is good, but all tubing will kink if you try to short angles. I bought this stuff from a hardware store, its clear, and its 1/2 ID, its got this blue spine in it so it doesn't kink much. Fits the bill perfectly for me.

Home depot and similar common hardware store tubing kinks more than other kinds.. There are products like Tygon which is much more high quality and much less apt to kinking. There is also a cheaper product similar to tygons quality which many people use.

In the meantime, you can use zipties to help keep the kink points from kinking (they will keep the tubing round around tight bends. Try that out maybe until you get better tubing.

I have to buy 25ft of it at $2.40 a foot, thats to much. thats for the 5/16inch(better fit on barbs, crappy 1/2 lets wate rseep thoguh).

Right wicked klown... that will give a nice tight fit on the barbs, and you can buy cheap hose clamps if you are still not comfortable.

Thanks for mentioning clearflex... That is the most popular alternative to tygon, but its name slipped my mind in my last post.

You could buy coolsleeves from Swiftech. They're like a coil that wraps around your tubes and prevent kinking

i use clearflex. It will kink, but you have to try pretty hard or do something pretty dumb to do so. its cheap and works good...i got 10 feet, but i wish i had bought 20 (i like to screw up...many times more than most people)

Ooooooh coolsleeves, and it comes in UV. I've been looking for something like this. Musta missed it on several occasions. Excellent. I like the look. UV blue, helps keep my tubes from kinking and looks pretty spiff. Thanks. I don't mind paying a little extra to get something that is useful AND looks good.

I almost bought the primo flewx from vouyer mods, but decided not to since I might get ripped off.

so I bought the clear flex 60

Back