• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this unsafe?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lves2raft

Registered
Ok, well...i bought a powercolor vivo pro from zipzoomfly. Followed all direction to the tee....and now i have a nice shiny x800xt pe with 16 pipes. My question is what should i set my core/mem at. I only have stock air cooling...the original core/mem was messing with my card and the temps were going to like 62 degrees C. Anyone recomend a safe core/mem to leave this at until i can get a cooler rev 4 or something? My card kept crashing on ati find max core, and 3dmark03 tests.

***edit*** im using the overdrive tab that came with the latest omega drivers to tell me the current temp of the cards cpu. When i turn the 3d window on in ati tool the card really heats up. What is safe heating ranges for the card? At idle? And during gaming?

Also, using the fan control in ATI tool. Any guidelines to follow for that, insomuch as i dont wanna break the fan by having it run to fast.

well for idle temperature it should be 40-45 C and in gaming it should 55-60 if ur on a really demanding game. you can go higher but the max temperature i want my videocard to go is 60 just to be safe it wont burn out. just trying to help u :)

I suggest turning off Overdrive if you're going to use ATITool. Overdrive tends to conflict with ATITool, and will just end up changing the speeds ATITool finds anyway :D ATITool includes a temp monitor, so you can keep an eye on them with that. Hopefully you card shouldn't crash once you turn Overdrive off.

JigPu

i didnt have overdrive on, i just used that tab to see the temps.

Back