• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IT7 - More RAM Less Doom!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nailz Arizona

Hello Forum!

Admittedly, I am a newbie when it comes to over-clocking anything – so try not to use big words if you try to help me. I just tweak until all hours of the night sometimes. However, with my latest upgrade, I’m frustrated enough to ask for some help.

The Problem:
I upgraded my RAM from 1 to 2 gig’s and now my benchmarking scores have actually gone down!

I was getting over 13K with 3DMARK03, now I can squeeze out about 11K. My FPS with Doom3 when from 49.5/62.5 to 42.8/56.8.

I would appreciate any help or advice on helping me overclock my "Big Pig" as I call it.

Paul
www.PaulDNickell.com

=========================================
- Hardware -
2.8 Northwood
2 x CMX1024-3200C2 Rev1.1
Abit IT7
eVGA 6800 Ultra
Antec True Control PSU
Samsung LCD 191t
- Current BIOS Settings-
Ext. Clock: 145
PCI Bus: 33 Fixed
Multiplier: set to 8X but will only run at 21X!
H/W Strap: Low
DRAM Ratio: 3:4
Core Voltage: 1.65
DRAM Voltage: 2.8

CAS# Latency: 2.0
RAS# to CAS# Delay: 3
RAS Precharge: 3
Cycle Time: 6

Just to let you know you posted in the Abit AMD motherboard section. ;) We won't hold it against you though.

I'm guessing that your new RAM is slower speed than your old RAM. Therefore your FSB is being decreased to run the speed of the slowest stick of RAM. Tell us what RAM you had before the addition, and what you added.

Back