• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Doom 3 FPS...post your fps!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PLOBBY

well i know games sections doest want it but closest thing i could relate it to is a vid card...so i thought everyone could post there fps in doom 3, and if you want to add halo and farcry fps you can do that to. i personally dont have those gmes so i cant post those scores.

if your unsure hor to get your fps in doom 3 simply go to your console my pressing ctrl + alt + ~ and that will bring down your console and type in

timedemo demo1 usecache

the usecache is so you dont have to run it twice if you leave out the usechache i would run it twice second time you should get a better score... but lets get going

Game-doom 3
Setting-high
Res- 1024 x 768
shadows on
high quality special effects on
no aa
fps-*edit* sorry i forgot to do vid_restart i got 51 fps...

i also did some changes in my setting in the files to make it run smoother and better

you can include halo and far cry to if youd like

Last edited:
did you have everything on in advanced settings (except AA) ? because I dont know how you got those fp's I'd like to know what you changed in the files.

I could only manage 58.9 fps

my sig
Asus A8v deluxe
Athlon fx53 (stock)
Powercolor x800 pro (softmod to xt) @ 525/573
1024 mb corsair pc 4000, 500mhz

He prob had shadows off....a 9800 doesnt run that fast...

I get 73.3 fps with my x800 at 1024 HQ everything on...

have you changed anything in the files in doom? because my 3dmark score is higher than yours 13188 , but I cant get those fps in doom3 ,

On my system. I tried breaking 85FPS, but I'm definately CPU limited.

Doom3.jpg

Lets have some honesty here, those frame rates must have been obtained with either shadows of or vsync of, with just vsync of @1024 I get 90.8 so if you are being honest and i hope you are, please can you post the changes if any that you have made. I have tried most ot the changes that are in these forums & I still cant get over 58fps @1024 with Everything on, @High thanks.

I get about 56 FPS with my modded 9800 pro 128MB, at 1024 high settings and high quality special effects with all shadows on and no AA. I tweaked the hell out of the game itself and I tried using the Special ATI textures, but the texture didn't offer any performance improvement and I'd heard that it caused artifacts for some people so I removed them. I'm on an Athlon XP-M 2500+ at at least 2400MHz with 512MB of ram.

ok, my friend did the changes to files and set to put them in my base file and im not posotive what he tweaked but he sad it would only work if you have 256 mb of mem on your card...i have no AA no AF shadows on and high quality detail on...

aww crap sorry, i forgot to the vid reastart when i changed the setting....i have 51 fps....sry about that..my bad

Last edited:
Forgot to mention, I got 82 FPS with these settings:

1024 x 768 HIGH Quality
no AA
v-sync off
All special effects ON , shadows ON.

stratcatprowlin said:
Can someone coach me through the process of running this time demo?
From the beginning,like right after I start the game!

alright all you need to do is click on your icon let the game load up to the main screen press

ctrl alt ~

and then you council will come down. in your council type

timedemo demo1 usecache

and then itll run itself at the end of the round it dows itll tell you the average fps....

scanido said:
Forgot to mention, I got 82 FPS with these settings:

1024 x 768 HIGH Quality
no AA
v-sync off
All special effects ON , shadows ON.

did you just use that resolution for the timedemo or do you actually play the game at 1024x768??

demo1
HQ 1024x768
NO AA
All options on (except AA)
80.1 FPS (GT 400/1.1)

Definitely a CPU or Memory bottleneck.

Back