• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DNS, Name Servers, Domains and the whole shot.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

matrixzen

I'm working to deploy a domain pretty soon but I'm going to need to enter a name server to use it. I'm running Windows 2003 server and I already setup the DNS on the LAN so my computers see my server as zeldanetworks.com . The server is also an active directly domain controller/fileserver and many other things. I know a good amount about general networking but I'm still learning more. I can already view my website on the internet using my ip address but I was wondering if I have a name server address like eva.zeldanetworks.com usable outside or if I needed to set it up. Help me out guys. Thanks :burn:

I get an error message when I try to use it saying "The DNS server address you entered does not resolve." Any ideas?

I'm trying it from a domain transfer/website where it asks you for the name servers. I enter the name server, and when I hit accept or ok, it gives me that error message. I don't know you mean by verbatim. Sorry

verbatum is latin. he is asking if it is it a quote or a summary.

i heard dyndns.org does what you want, but i wont be messing with it for several months...

Back