• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

will it get enough power to run right?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PHILIP1193

quick q, will my graphics card the 6800 gt get enough power been on the same line as the 80gb maxtor hdd, dvd rom and floppy drive, i have a 550w psu driving it all and no splitter in line wid it. I also intend to o/c card my 5900xt was fine and i also oced that too

Phil

PHILIP1193 said:
quick q, will my graphics card the 6800 gt get enough power been on the same line as the 80gb maxtor hdd, dvd rom and floppy drive, i have a 550w psu driving it all and no splitter in line wid it. I also intend to o/c card my 5900xt was fine and i also oced that too

Phil
your gonna want a dedicated line for it, especially if you want to oc.
if you have to have anything on the same line, maybe a fan but i would'nt do it.
what brand ps it the 550w you got? if it's generic def. don't do it.

whats the worst that would happen if i did run it. supposidly card goes into a safe mode thing and prompts user to change power settings or summit.

Phil

Back