• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Voltmod for GF FX600ultra

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

newParadime

Registered
I have geForce fx5600ultra by PNY, i got it up to 450/900, but i want more. I am almost finished with a big cooling mod for the card, but before i put it on, i want to do a voltMod. (As after i put on the new hs's i won't be able to access the regulatr IC).

I was wondering if anyone knew of any reviews/guides for vModing this card.

If it help i have v2 of the card stocks speeds 400/800 and 1.39 vGPU.

picspicspics.jpg

If you can take some high-res ones of the topside of the card then I can help, but I don't think there are any guides out there for the PNY 5600 ultra.

Last edited:
the 5600U probably uses a large IOR chip that controls both vgpu and vmem. Post pics of the front and back of the card :D

-CaT

hey thanks for the info, i just found my old TNT Classix :D, so i'll throw that in and start snapoin some pics.

Hey guys,

I found the voltage chip in a volt mod guide located at the extreme systems site Link

That chip is way to small for my average soldering skill to solder to.

THere was an alternative point listed in the article, but the pics are down.

I was wondering if anyone knew where it was (it was on one of the resister right by the voltage chip.)

Thanks,
New

Found the altern point, but now i dont know what kind of POT to use. I have a Linear Taper 10k POT, but its only one turn. Will this work?

Back