• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Aqua-Computer 3/8'' or 1/4''

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
cheezy name, weak post...not even a question. I'd say you arent at all interested in water cooling, so much as inetested in bragging rights that you run water through your computer.

If you are deadset on using this Aqua-Computer I would only be able to offer a guess to use the larger diameter of the two. If that is indeed your question.

Aqua Computer's radiators and reservoirs wont affect your temp at all, i think. Im using the Airplex Evo 120 and a copy of their reservoir, TDX Block, DD4 Pump, and its keeping my 3.0@~3.6 w/ 1.575v at around 33-34 idle, 40-41 full load, ambient 22.

Right now its at 33c idle @ 21 ambient. I also set the my fan to 8v instead of 12v. If you go with Aiplex Evo series, i suggest you go with the Evo 240, its about 20 bucks more, and will give you better temps.

Aqua computer makes some really nice stuff. How you put a price on asthestics? Definity worth it IMO...don't listen to naysayers.

I like this big rad and the fan grill.

set_he360_500.jpg

The reservoir is 100% alu though. It is a neat looking piece indeed, so neat it has been copied already. But with aquacomputer i'd stick to their waterblocks (100% copper)

(edit) the rad is made of copper it seems so it's a go :)

Last edited:
Giblet Plus! said:
My personal opinion is that you should avoid aqua computer if you are interested at all in performance

This is coming from someone with no experience with the product(s) at all. If you want strong and honest opinions as to how they perform go ask the guys at [H]forum (not Giblet).

By the way, the radiators are indeed built from copper, not aluminum.

-Dan

If i remember right copper is way cheaper than aluminium
Why should we pay more for copper stuff
SH . T!

Cool Brudda.. Just did'nt want anyone to miss out on such a nice large rad:)
The thermalchill 120.3 is signifiganly more $ and I bet they are indentical in performance..

<-- bucking for a discount eh. SNT:D

pronoob said:
If i remember right copper is way cheaper than aluminium
Why should we pay more for copper stuff
SH . T!

The only time copper was cheaper than aluminum was in the 19th century before they could refine aluminum easily. Aluminum prices actually rivaled that of gold in the late 1800's. Aluminum is much cheaper to buy and much easier to machine, but all the good points of copper always make it perform better than aluminum.

Giblet Plus! said:
^^
This coming from a retailer of said products.

Im just "saying" that you have no content to back up your so-called opinions and I'm doing nothing but typing back and calling you on this. I dont go around and tell people these things are awesome and that everybody needs to buy one. I leave the honest and experienced feedback to the people who use it, I just provide support.

As I can see people are already ignoring your "opinions" and posts anyways. Perhaps you should at least tryout the use of a similar German type setup, you may just like how it performs.

BUT, instead you can go on telling people that eating is for fat people and if you dont want to get fat you shouldnt eat any type of food at all.

-Dan

Back