• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Loooking for a WINXP shell called "Hamer"

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Puer Aeternus

try this WINXP shell called "Hamar"

I saw on TV a piece about a shell that was called HAMER and had a 3d interface. It looked as though your desktop rotated as you moved your mouse. Anyways....Google search has been fruitless. perhaps I got the name wrong. Has any one heard of this?

Any other cool winXP shells/Visual styles out there?
I tried "Aston" but was not entirely Jiggy w/ it.

Last edited:
there was another 3d desktop i had a while back. seemed much smoother than this one although this sphere one seems to have a whole lot of potential. I wish i could remember the name of that older one :(. Anyways cool post!

J.

Has anyone tested this yet? How does it work in real useage? I was gonna try it out, just got a backup image for recovery if I FUBAR'ed it and powie it was gone. TY for the updated link.

I'm using it right now, it's pretty useful, but at this point more of a gimmick than a real tool. It's really hard to set up a proper looking background, but i've found that matrix-style images work well. I'll get a screenshot up some time. There are some problems, mainly dealing with moving things to and from the sphere.
windows are either active or in the sphere. If they are active they are sharp and act as though you were in the regular windows gui. Once they go to the sphere, they get blurred and warp to keep the spherical shape.

It's a load of fun, and didn't take 10 minutes to get aquainted with. I think i'll play with it when I need to have many windows open at the same time, but aside from a novelty, it's not worth a lot until it is refined.

Back