• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

seeking new case . must have removable mobo tray

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PC Death

Registered
im curently running a slightly modded globalwin 802 with 2x120mm in the side .
What im looking for is somthing abit bigger for a possible W/C setup inthe future , i know there are a lot of cases out that there that are big enough with plenty of fans and space but i cant find any withe the removable tray bar one that costs over £200 !!
im not after anything flashy or alminium just big and with the tray.
any ideas guys ?

Nope...Not any cases out there that I know of with a removable motherboard tray.

Not many cases period with the removable motherboard tray.

Hookem said:
Nope...Not any cases out there that I know of with a removable motherboard tray.

Not many cases period with the removable motherboard tray.

Sadly that's a feature that is going the way of the Edsel. :(

Too bad Koolcases went out of business. This Black Panther case
was awsome for only $40.
If anyone knows where to get Koolcases products PLEASE let us know.

There are alot of cases out here with a removable motherboard tray. Problem is, most of them are high end cases price wise, but the upside is the quality is much better. I would check Ebay if price is an issue. I sold my Lian Li PC60USB for like 80 dollars plus shipping several months ago.

yeah gotta agree with you there guys . the only ones i could find that had one were from silverstone and although they are very nice looking cases they costa bomb !
http://www.vadim.co.uk/Components/Cases/Silverstone/SILVERSTONE+TJ03+Black+CASE+(NO+PSU)
btw i think the silverstone cases are made/designed by the peeps who did the older coolmaster range :)
looks like i may have to either bite the bullet and spank out a fortune or just live without the tray ( the one on my global win is so easy to use).

True that. Most cases with removable Mobo tray are high end
these days.
That's what was so great about the Panther Case. It was only
$42 delivered. Not top quality. But a VERY good base for a modding
project. 18ga steel ya know. ;)

Still searching for where Koolcase's overstock went when they folded. They
had to go somewhere!

Don't know what you classify as High-End but the Antec P160 has a removable m/b tray. It would NOT work well if you plan on w/c in the future, though. It has the HDD bays right where you would want to put your rad.

Cooler Master's Wave Master and Praetorian cases both have removable tray as well.

i didnt know the coolmaster ones had them but they do look interesting , think I willl give them aonther look over.
cheers guys

correct me if im wrong but arent most lian li's removable motherboard trays?

very light and well built too.
-Snoop

Susquehannock said:
Lian Li are very nice, although expensive.
Most Lian Li's where I live are 30%-100% more expensive than my Chieftec dragon. But it hasn't got a removable mobo tray...
I did a quick search, couldn't find anyone else than lian li that has a rem. tray...

yeah i saw that ,loved it only one slight problem ..... its £220 !way over my budget
however the 106 full tower is nly £86 problem is im not that aure about the upsidedown mobo thingy.

open.jpg
side.jpg

this is my current rig and globalwin has anyone with W/C got any idea as to my chances of getting a rad etc in side ?

Last edited:
Back