• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How do i know if I'm running in dual channel?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ghost0012

Registered
Ok I just picked up another stick of corsair 512mb/3200/400fsb ram to match the other one I bought 4 months ago, for my nf7-s v2 mobo.

I put it in and its running fine and it is saying I am running 1 gig but how do I know if its running dual channel? I checked my mobo manual and it says nothing about it. I have both ram in the 2 slots closest eachother.

Oh and another question, both ram are different sizes, is this normal? The newer one is taller than the older one.

it will say at post if it's in dual channel or not on an NF7 board. you have to have your ram in slots 1 & 3 or 2 & 3

ghost0012 said:
I have both ram in the 2 slots closest each other.

If the memory sticks are in the 2 closest slots then you are running in single channel. The farthest dimm slot is for the second memory controller.

Like HousERaT stated above, you need the in either 1&3 or 2&3...2&3 seems to work better for most NF& owners.

Just too add, you can have all 3 dimms filled and still be in dual channel.

Thanks you were right I swapped slot 1 w/ slot 3 and it says its running in dual channel on POST now

Power-On-Self-Test. It's the first thing the computer does after sparking the CPU to life. It tells all of the hardware to run internal diagnostics.

Back