• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2/3 pin fan connector

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

uLJSANE

Registered
Hello,

Long Story and i dont feel like explaining all of it but..

I got my 9800 Pro and it has a 3 pin connector (only using 2 of those pins , in pins 1 and 3) I got my VGA Silencer and its a 2 pin connecot so..... i need to remove the pins from my old heatsink into the other pin connector but thats NOT important.......

How do i get the stupid pins out the the connector...... its so darn small that i cant really see what i am doing. eeekkk

Help Please . Thanks Again OC Forums. :eh?:

SOrry for double post.

Usually the contacts are like little tubes with a tab sticking out to latch it into the plastic shell. Looking something like this, within the limitations of ascii art...
Code:
____/___
________

What you have to do is get a small jewellers screwdriver, and depress that tab, so that with the aid of a blunt stiff wire in the end you can push out the contact from the shell. The tab is usually the bit of silver you can see through the slots in the shell on one side of the plug. Before you refit the contact into a different position into the shell, you may need to "fluff" up the tab a little so it will hold in again.

regards,

Road Warrior

Back