• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Why Is Duke Nukem Late ???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
20040618l.jpg

Yeah the graphics are going to be dated as hell when they finally release it. They were originally developing on the Quake 2 engine(same as Half Life) but then switched to the Unreal engine when it was released. They've probably just had to upgrade the game like 5 times to keep up with the Unreal engine upgrades...

one thing that always bother me, is the closed mindedness of folks, what says that it isnt real? instantly you guys said it was wrong. something is wrong with this picture

shard said:
one thing that always bother me, is the closed mindedness of folks, what says that it isnt real? instantly you guys said it was wrong. something is wrong with this picture

Just because people don't believe something doesn't make them closed minded. If your BS meter goes off trusting it is usually a good thing with the amount of BS floating around:)

hmm, i think i phrased that one wrong, more what i meant was that you guys made me think of it, yeah, i agree the BS meter goes red on this one, but there has been many others that ppl instantly claim is BS

shard said:
hmm, i think i phrased that one wrong, more what i meant was that you guys made me think of it, yeah, i agree the BS meter goes red on this one, but there has been many others that ppl instantly claim is BS

My bad. I'm lingistically (proof is in my spelling) challenged sometimes:D

shard said:

Agreed, but as you said, the BS meter goes off pretty loudly on this one. I have to admit that I do enjoy a good conspiracy, especially ones that appear plausable and make me think about the possibilities and ramifications. This one on the other hand, doesn't really make any sense at all. Of course, considering how governments usually work, that probably means that it's true. ;)

fuzzba11 said:
Yeah the graphics are going to be dated as hell when they finally release it. They were originally developing on the Quake 2 engine(same as Half Life) but then switched to the Unreal engine when it was released. They've probably just had to upgrade the game like 5 times to keep up with the Unreal engine upgrades...
*BZZZZZ* WRONG
HL1 was based on the quake 1 engine... It had very little q2 code in it.

Back