• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Your Passion, other than games

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tall_Dallas

We're all avid gamers here, but what things are you passionate about that consumes your time as much or more than your gaming addiction?

ME:
It's riding motorcycles... not the cheesy lame cruisers or wanna-be Harley’s.
I mean REAL bikes... pushing the limits of human capabilities. The 0-60 in less than 3 second bikes.
Nothing to me is more invigorating than taking a turn at 90MPH with your knee dragging the ground! It’s a pure adrenaline rush and I do it every chance I get.
I'm a member of a few local sport-bike groups and some national one's (Sport-Bike-Hype / DFW Sport bike / Stunt Life / and others). I have met some of the best (and some of the worst) people in these organizations and can't see what my life would be like without such an amazing thing to have experienced.
Whether it is a wheelie down the highway or a curvy backcountry road, it's an amazing experience.

Here is a pic of me and my TWO babies :D
P.S. The bike is a 2003 Suzuki DL-1000 V-Strom. and she'll wheelie VERY easy.

Attachments

• DSCF5558-2.JPG
    DSCF5558-2.JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 296
Sex,,And I do not think I can post pics or videos of this Passion...

(ps)
Nothing is more of a rush then EDIT ...

Last edited:
diehrd said:
Nothing is more of a rush then getting a pair of knees to touch a pair of ears..LOL...

Prolly not the most appropriate thing for these forums but ahh.. lol yah you have a great point.

It could go in the general forum... but what I was trying to do was this;
about 75% or more of those on this game forum talk about nothing more than the technology or the game, which is great, it's what the forum is designed for, but, I would like to know a little more aobut those I converse with on here, hince my inquisition.

Snowboarding.

I've been snowboarding for 18 years and have been competing in multiple circuits at the national level. I race GS and Super G, and also compete on and off in Half Pipe.

My real craze is big mtn stuff. Not just jumps and spins, but screaming speed and deep carves, while suspending yourself above the snow by your outstretched palm. This must be fairly similar to the feel you get, Tall_Dallas, when you're skimming your knee across the pavement in a tight turn. I just do it on the snow.

I took a great trip last year. Last March actually. Went out to Copper Mountain in Colorado. I brought my sister and father along since they are 2 of the best all around snowboarders i've seen myself. On a technical riding level, my sister and father put many people on the slopes to shame, and they are unafraid to do anything that I can do. My father has been snowboarding for 14 years, and my sister for 13. Both are VERY skilled.

Anyway... We got stuck in that huge snowstorm that hit Denver in March, and got snowed into our Hotel across the way from Copper Mtn. We ended up getting 7 feet of snow in a 2 day period. Each day we got up early and hit the mtn. Its an incredible feeling to fly down the mtn in chest deep powder that is so light that it flows away from your body like water.

We got 5 days worth of some of the best conditions I've ever seen in my long career of snowboarding, and since the mountain roads were closed, the lifts were short, the runs were long, and the slopes were empty. It was perfect.

I only ever ride Salomon products. They make the best equipment on the planet. My snowboard is the Salomon DT52 WD (Wide Width). This is where I get my user name... to honor the best company on the planet for such a great product.

Snowboarding is what I'm best at. I love it. It makes me feel a freedom that I dont get all year, until the snow falls. It's my escape from everything.

Tall_Dallas said:
We're all avid gamers here, but what things are you passionate about that consumes your time as much or more than your gaming addiction?

ME:
It's riding motorcycles... not the cheesy lame cruisers or wanna-be Harley’s.
I mean REAL bikes... pushing the limits of human capabilities. The 0-60 in less than 3 second bikes.
Nothing to me is more invigorating than taking a turn at 90MPH with your knee dragging the ground! It’s a pure adrenaline rush and I do it every chance I get.
I'm a member of a few local sport-bike groups and some national one's (Sport-Bike-Hype / DFW Sport bike / Stunt Life / and others). I have met some of the best (and some of the worst) people in these organizations and can't see what my life would be like without such an amazing thing to have experienced.
Whether it is a wheelie down the highway or a curvy backcountry road, it's an amazing experience.

Here is a pic of me and my TWO babies :D
P.S. The bike is a 2003 Suzuki DL-1000 V-Strom. and she'll wheelie VERY easy.

I have owned several bikes mostly suzukis and one Harley...

The Harley was def my favorite...

btw dallas you too damn tall for a cycle.....lol........prob throws the CG way off..

GS750E
GS1100E
GS1150E

FLH Road King.... souped up to where it would wheelie easily ..hhehe

Mountainbiker and BMX riding consume me. I love it. I'm in AL now, so in the summers you have to bring a gallon of water on rides, so I slow down a bit, but in the fall, I'm tearing up those jumps and the downhill trail about an hr away. People stare at me when I can pull a manaul for 5 blocks or wheelie to 8 and the only reason I stop is because my legs hurt, not because I lose my balance. I love biking.

I want to get a motorcycle so bad, but I'm in college and my parents said that they wouldn't pay for college if I bought a bike (money down the drain they said) Soooooo stuck riding a mountainbike, which rocks :attn: and not at the same time ;)

enduro said:
Mountainbiker and BMX riding consume me. I love it. I'm in AL now, so in the summers you have to bring a gallon of water on rides, so I slow down a bit, but in the fall, I'm tearing up those jumps and the downhill trail about an hr away. People stare at me when I can pull a manaul for 5 blocks or wheelie to 8 and the only reason I stop is because my legs hurt, not because I lose my balance. I love biking.

I want to get a motorcycle so bad, but I'm in college and my parents said that they wouldn't pay for college if I bought a bike (money down the drain they said) Soooooo stuck riding a mountainbike, which rocks :attn: and not at the same time ;)

Thats their way of saying we dont want you to get hurt or killed really...

Yeah, I know. I can agree with them too. Raising a kid for 18 years just to see him kill himself on a bike can't be every parents dream. I'm fine with that too. I have a great car and I can still bmx and mountain bike, so as long as I can do that, I'm fine :)

I love driving a stick. If I get bored or just need to think I take my '93 240SX on the freeway. No speeding tickets yet :beer:

The rush is definately there, 3rd @ 80 sticks you to your seat pretty good.

BTW enduro your car is sexy

that isnt a real bike... this is a real bike:
alex_harley.jpg

enduro said:

Get through college, then you can buy two!
get you a good everyday comfortable bike like mine, then buy you a track bike... yes, a track bike, it's a street bike that has been wrecked, or what-not. and the title is only good for parts and such, but it's great to build and put on the race track.
down here we go to TMS (Texas Motor Speedway, the nascar track). they have a road course about 1.1 miles... not too big, but enough to have some fun.
it's only $35 to ride all day and they even have instructors. it'll take your riding to a WHOLE new level.
don't get too nuts on the streets, they are dangerous. too many old ladies. I've had to hit the brakes or swerve to keep from hitting someone about twice a year, minimum. that's not including the little one's that do it just to see if they can wreck a biker.

Tall_Dallas said:
that's not including the little one's that do it just to see if they can wreck a biker.

Those and the ones who just don't pay enough attention are big problems here in AZ, but just strap a gun on your leg/hip and people pay attention to you real quick. Strange, but it seems to work for the bikers I used to work with.

WejRepus said:
that isnt a real bike... this is a real bike:
alex_harley.jpg

WejRepus, I am assuming your refering to the sport bike in the background (the real bike), not that bicycle with an engine on it?

Heres mine though:

10r.jpg

secretweapon said:
Sex is a need. Sorta like water and food thus it can't be a passion ;)
you can have a passion for food, or sex for that matter

why do people spend hours cooking for a meal... need, no KD is done in 15 minutes or so, no its a passion.

just like some people hump for making babies

others hump for the love of it

Back