• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Oh great... AMD or Intel??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stang8118

I know this question has popped up a million time before. But today i got a free AMD 2800 64 bit CPU. ATM i am using an Intel 3.0E. I am unsure of which one i should use.

I mostly use my computer for gaming so i was thinking AMD, but the game i play (dark age of camelot fyi) i run 2 clients on my computer at once so i figured Intel would be better at that. Now i am confused on what to buy :bang head :bang head

I know the 2800 is the lower end of the 64 bit CPU's, but being that it IS a 64 bit i didn't know if it would have an advantage over my Intel.

If i keep my Intel i am just gonna sell my AMD, if i keep my AMD i am gonna sell my Intel/Asus mobo to buy a new mobo for my AMD. WHAT TO DO WHAT TO DO!!!! :burn: :burn:

Why would a new board be bad? I'd stick with the AMD if its a CG revision, or keep the Intel if the AMD is CO revision. If its CG, you'll get a great overclock out of it, plus, with the money you'd make from the CPU and mobo you sell, you could get a really nice motherboard like the Epox 8KDA3+.

Well i decided on the Intel (because it's got great OCing ability) and the AMD is only the CO revision. Don't wanna chance it being a bad OCer. AMD is going to the classifed section :p

Back