• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New VGA Silencer Up and Running But..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

uLJSANE

Registered
Hey Guys!

I just finished assembling my VGA Sielcner Rev.3. It was a pain becuase of the pin mix up and stuff and removing things eeeek. I didnt think i would get it working ... but i stepped away for a ngith and just chilled out and didnt go crazy . Well it works and i am happy to say that i couldnt have doen it without you guys at the OCforums!!! Thanks Alot Guys . But one more question (last one about VGA Silencer, promise) I dont know how long i should run the card without games ... etc or what i should do to make sure its running properly.... no games for a day ... maybe leave the comp on for 10 hours just idling....

Thanks Ahead for the input ... and THANK YOU OCFORUMS :clap: :clap: :clap:

You will know if your card isnt working simply because you wont get any picture on your monitor :p Best thing to do is just play games and see if you can see any artifacting or distortions in the game. If it's major, even at stock speeds, check the contact the heatsink is making.

once you have your silencer seated properly you should be able to jump right into the games or whatever you want. If you're using AS5 or something like that, it won't set until you've gone through a few heat cycles (turning off your computer, letting it cool down a bit then starting it up again). Either way you can start with your routine anytime, just know that the temps will go down a bit once your thermal grease has had time to set.

Basically you "plug and pray". Make sure that you don't have any overclocks on it when you start up for the first time. Then hit a benchmarking proggie (3dmark, aquamark etc.) and let that run for 30mins or so, watching to see if you get artifacting. Then I usually like to touch the sink to make sure it's warming up nicely that way you get a good indicator that it is doing what it is supposed to be doing (transfering the heat from the core to itself). After a few days of normal computing the thermal paste should have worked itself in and you can begin to overclock it.

Back