• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

watercooling 6800GT

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Enigma.xL

Registered
I just got my evga 6800GT from newegg. the temps are hot, like 50's - mid 60's and I just dont like any processor reading that high of a temp. I was thinkin about gettin a watercooling kit. This one for my mobile processor. will that kit fit in my case?
and what would I need to buy in addition to include the 6800 in the watercooling setup?

yes, that swiftech kit will fit in your case, BUT you will need to x2 120mm blowholes to fit the radiator. either ontop of the case, or the front bezel. to include the 6800 in your setup you would need to get a waterblock thats compatible with the 6800. i would get the swiftech MCW50 waterblock and the 6800 adapter kit.

ok, so if I mod the top of my case to fit x2 120mm fans, I can install the radiator up there? That sounds like a bit of work, but nothing I can't handle. I gotta wait a few weeks so I can afford to buy everything, but when I get the parts I'll post.
---
Where do I buy this waterblock and adaptor kit?
---

Last edited:
A Peltier is a form of active cooling and will require you to insulate the surrounding components to prevent condensation.

When properly installed, it will get you lower (sub-ambient) temperatures, but you'll have to be more careful to run it without damage.

hypertek said:
your smoking crack... 50-60 is really ok...
Come on man.... that IS hot. In fact I was considering a similar setup. The main reason why heat is a factor, is because the 6800 is very VERY sensitive to heat.

As the heat increases your overclock goes to the ****ter. It isnt unheard of gaining 20-30mhz just by cooling it below 40c*

Enigma.xL said:
http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/swifmcgpuliq1.html

Swiftech MCW50-T GPU Liquid Cooler

Is this one any good. I was reading about how its a "thermoelectric (Peltier) solution" and wondering if that would be a good idea to get over the MCW50.

or should I just stick with the first choice.

I am running one on my Ultra with great results. 10C-15C idle and 25C-30C load. I did have to flash my GFX BIOS to get around the throttling issue.

Back