• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Worst case scenario

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jallen

Registered
What is the absolute worse thing that could happen to my X800Pro VIVO if I mod it?

like anything overclocked or modded, you risk paying the ultimate price.

killing your brand new expensive card.

i think this is rare tho, i'm sure others will post their successes with the pro>xt flash.

Yeah, I should have said short of killing it completly. What could happen? I mean will I end up with a card that performs worse than before the mod? Or could I end up with a Pro w/16 pipes at Pro speeds? Oh btw my card will do 520/560 without a hitch. I ran ATITool to monitor the temps while playing CS:S for about thirty minutes and it never went above 60C. So judging by that I think it's a good chance I will end up with a full XT.

The worst thing that could happen, is that'd you'd end up with what you have now, a 12 pipe pro vivo. You could enable all 16 pipes (if they are not lasercut) and still maintain pro speeds. I was very weary of doing the XT mod from my powercolor vivo, but i gave it a shot and said what the heck. It works like a charm, its watercooled so it never goes above 38 degrees.

Back