• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best board for 2500+ amd duallie

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nandro

Disabled
I recently ruined 1 of my NF7-S MB's durring hurricaine Charlie. I was in the process of building another system so I have another matching 2500+ mobile sitting here. I was wondering if there were any smp boards that would OC like the NF-7 boards. All the reviews I have seen were quite old. What would be the best performing board preferably with sata.

there aren’t really any new smp boards for the xp.

But they do have 64bit/66mhz slots so you could add a hard ware sata controller in.

they dont oc like the NF7-S because you are limited to 150 mhz fsb in most cases.
(the i will can clock faster fsb but the down side is there is no divider for 166 so really with out a disk controller with an on board timing crystal for the drive clock data corruption is almost a certainty. )
but high clock rates are possible

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=321845

your cpus must be unlocked since your have mobiles you can do a pin mod for a good high multiplier like 17. then mod them to an mp ( im not sure if that’s necessary on all boards)

Here is a link for the boards for amd mp

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=89236

people have had success with the iwill - ? Discontinued?, gigabye, msi asus but all the boards seam stable. tyan's are more a server aimed product and epox's was only available to some oems

That stinks. I guess I'll stick with my single proc board. Thanks for the help. It would be a waste of highly clockable ram and drives. Maybe when I get an a64 I'll go dual.

you need opterons for a dual

a dual xp wont game as fast as a single cpu rig it doesnt have the memory bandwidth i game on myn and play doom its not bad with a high end card. but it is much more usable. it behaves more smothely. you dont get slowdown when some thing bigs happerning any thing like on a single cpu rig

the opterons have much better memory bandwith.

Back