• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dual Barton 3000+'s????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TimBlake84

Hey ya'll.... I am looking for an AMD mobo that can run dual Barton 3000+ cores.... I know they make a mobo for the t-bird but I don't know if it will work with the Barton. They run on the same socket and all but I don't want to spend that kind of money and not know for sure. PLus, would it be alright to run a new and an old barton 3000+ in the same configuration? I already have one core but I got it last summer when they were fairly new.... (it is the unlocked version). Help me out here..... thanks

Found this article which might help:

http://www.hardwarezone.com/articles/view.php?cid=2&id=747&pg=

Others say Just fill the last pit with a conductive substance, which I think what was done in that article. I would search for a particular motherboard that passed the test before purchasing. And make sure its flashed to the recommended bios.

C - O - O - O = Std

C - O - O - C = Multiprocesser enabled

Edit: Looks like the chips need to be the same. I'll keep fishing...
Edit again: Chips definatly need to be the same.

Last edited:
You want to run dual xp3000+ processors? I don't think this is really going to work. You can modify the dual xp3000+ processors to work in smp, but the problem is the locked multiplier. If you lower your fsb to 133 you will end up with very slow processors...

Better would be to use mobile bartons as they have unlocked multiplier. Have a look in the smp section of the forums.

Back