• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Win 98

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Morpheus

Grandfather of Crunchers Senior
For those interested...

I am now running 4.08a of SETI on BOINC and it is running well in a Windows 98SE environment... on a 800 MB Seagate drive...

Hopefully this will let those with smaller harddrives and older OSs run BOINC...

I'll keep my eye on this system over the next few days--and will let you know if it errors out again (like the other 4. BOINC SETI clients)

Crunch 'em :attn:

SETI BOINC on WIN 98SE looks good!

I have done about 8 WUs now with the system and it seems to be well past the point where it would start generating errors....

I am using a SETI client (alpha) in version 4.08. It is available here from Berkeley FTP servers http://setiboincdata.ssl.berkeley.edu/boinc_alpha/download/

I now have about 80 WUs, my OS and am crunching fine on a 500 Mb harddrive (thought it was 800)... I have room to spare...

Good luck!

Crunch on :attn:

I put 4.07 on my 98 boxes and that seems to be working fine so I quite looking for any newer versions. I'll have to check out the 4.08s. :)

Cy

To dtae, it has been crunching right along--no crashes at all!! :clap: :clap:

I've noticed that 4.09 alpha is also in the FTP now--no word on it... But 4.08 has proven itself on the WIN 98E platform as afr as I'm concerned... :sn:

:attn: Crunch on!!

Back