• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this about right? Plus I got some questions.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SniperXX

Ok I recently built a backup rig with mostly old parts. The only "new" parts are a Abit NF7-S rev2 and a unlocked Barton 2500+. I say "new" cuz they are new to me but in reality they are used, I got them off Thunda in the classifieds a week or two ago. (Thanks again bro) :)

Ok 1st I will list the two system specs.

My Current one is the one in the sig and is running all stock ATM due to heat here in Cali.

My back up consistes of these specs:
- Abit NF7-S rev2
- Geforce 4MX 128MB DDR
- 512MB DDR PC2700
- 40GB WD ATA100 HD
- 40x CD ROM

Ok so I was curious on how well they performed. Well it seems my rig got 2846 3D MArks running just Game 1, 2, and 3 w/ 3d Mark 2001 Pro (I get 10,500 with my cpu overclocked and running all tests w/ pro). Then rig two I get 3240.

I am curious, so how close is the performance of the 128MB 8500le and the 128MB Geforce 4 MX? I do know the mx doesnt have programmable pixle shaders while the 8500le does. Also, whats the general speed specs (I know they differ so thats why I said general) for the geforce 4 MX?

Also FarCry can run the same settings on both systems and performs well @ Medium. Would I be better off with the mx in my rig instead of the 8500le? I already beat doom and now I am back to Generals, UT2k4, Battlefield, and Farcry.

I know its alot of questions but thanks in advance. :)

overclock that 8500le. you should be able to do 290 to 300 on the core, maybe 250-275 on the memory.

the 8500 is by far the better card, you can turn on AF for free basically, no noticable performance hit.

I have the mx 64mb and the 8500AIW.... the 8500 kills the geforce..... In 3dmark2001se i could get about 7000 with the geforce overclocked and about 9000 with the 8500 overclocked. It may not sound like much, but to see the difference was incredible. I couldn't run all the tests with the geforce but I could with the 8500.

Back