• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking 2600+ mobile

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

problemc0mp

Registered
I just got this mobile 2600+ today and im wondering when i should start overclocking it. I put it at 10 x 233 (ram is pc3700). At [email protected] vcore its stable for about a good 30 min of playing wc3. So i was wondering if i should overclock like 100 mhz every week or something like that. Any help i would greatly appreciate it.

I started mine off at 2.2 ghz for a day at 1.6v. Then went to 2.4ghz for a week at 1.7v Now Im at 2.52 at 1.725v and temps are still at about 48c load.

These chips run like a bat out of hell.

Well the first day I got it i was stupid and tried to see how high i could get it up to and i got it up to 2.5 ghz but now if i go over 2ghz what its set at normally its unstable. Im wondering if this means its basically gone.

problemc0mp said:
Well the first day I got it i was stupid and tried to see how high i could get it up to and i got it up to 2.5 ghz but now if i go over 2ghz what its set at normally its unstable. Im wondering if this means its basically gone.

Possibly, but more than likely it wants more voltage, and better cooling.
What voltages have you tried, and what are you using to cool it. Finally what are your temps when you overclock it?

My chips kinda funny. It gives me trouble when I run it at stock speeds. Its possible it is just my motherboard haveing a bad multiplier. I'll test it later.

Heatsink: Volcano 12
Mobo: DFI Lanparty Ultra B
Cpu: 2600+ Mobile Highest i went up to was 2.58 @ 1.75 (wasnt stable not going over 1.8 volts) at 2.58 it was at like 101 F | 2.0 ghz its at 94 F. Right now if I try to put it at 2.2 @ 1.70 or anything it will be unstable. Do you think I should wait another 2 weeks or so b4 i think about ocing it?

since you're cut off is at 1.8v you should go as high as you can stable with that amount of voltage.... you seem to be limited by a lack of voltage. You really shouldn't worry about the voltage too much as long as your temps are good. I run my 2500m at 1.87v and my load temps are around 45°.

No my mobo allows voltage up to 2 volts but with a new processor i didnt want to go over 1.8. But thanks for everyones help it seems to be more stable at default voltage for this cpu. Even when I go to 2.2 ghz. Ill overclock it a little more in a week or 2.

Back