• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Should I move from Air cooling to Pelt?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Achilles17

I was recently thinking of water cooling my system, as im running an SP94 + 92mm Tornado. It cools fairly well, but its LOUD, and gets annoying. So ive been looking into water cooling for a good month, and im pretty sure I have a good grasp on the concept. However recently I have been looking into Peltiers, and ive been thinking about Bypassing total water cooling, and pelt cooling it instead. So i guess my question is, would this be too big a jump? I mean it seems to be logical, they are a little more expensive, but it seems like not a rediculous amount ($50 more for cpu block and $20 more for gpu block, plus the $90 meanwell PSU). So were looking at around $160-170 more than normal water cooling, for a huge temp decrease...seems to make fiscal sense. But would this be too complicated and risky a processes for someone whos never water cooled before? It really doesnt seem that complicated, but im sure its harder than it looks. I would probably use a '77 Bonneville HC w/ 2 120mm sanyo fans, 1/2" tygon tubing, and an MCP650, enough to cool the TEC system I would think. Ok, sorry for rambling, but would you guys advise making the change to pelt, or just getting normal water for now and save pelt for another time. thanx!

Just do it a step at a time.

I suggest you just get the watercooling setup and not use the pelt at this time. Once you got your WC up and running a bit, if that doesn't seem to be doing enough for you then just buy the pelt, powersupply, and condensation proofing at that time and add it in. I have had my own WC setup going for about 9 months now and am going to upgrade to pelt. I still use a volt moded tornado on my other rigs.

Back