• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Compound on GPU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'd go w/ Ceramique, because it's completely non-conductive and does an excellent job. AS5 would do an excellent job, too, but it's conductive. Even though the risk is minimal of something shorting due to the conductivity, why take the risk?

Oni said:
I'd go w/ Ceramique, because it's completely non-conductive and does an excellent job. AS5 would do an excellent job, too, but it's conductive. Even though the risk is minimal of something shorting due to the conductivity, why take the risk?

Excellent, thank you for the response.

I use Arcitic Silver 5. I didn't know there was a risk with conductivity. Well anyways it works fine. But I guess go w/ Ceramique just to be safe

I have used AS5 on everything from CPU's to GPU's to memory chips to PLL chips, even a few mofsets. I have never had a problem with shorting. As long as you dont goop the crap out of it, you are fine. Less/smaller/thinner is better with TIM.

The only reason i didnt put the included AC Ceramique because i used it on my CPU HSF (AC also and came witht the same ceramique) and its not performing so well IMO. AS5 does and exellent job on my VGA Silencer 4.

Back