• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

z640 modification

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Natti

Registered
was wondering if anyone has ever put a bass tube on the sub and if not do you think it'd enhance the sound quality?

By 'bass tube' do you mean vent a sealed enclosure?

I would not do that personally.

I guess it just depends on what you want to accomplish. The problem is that this enclosure is a 2nd-order passive bandpass system if I recall correctly... The actual speaker is in a sealed enclosure, but fires into yet another sealed enclosure. That second enclosure has an 6 1/2-inch passive radiator (looks like a speaker, but isn't) that makes up the front of the box. In other words, there's no really good way to port it.

My idea would be to gut it and put in a real 6 1/2" woofer instead of leaving the little stock 5 1/4" firing into a passive radiator. Only deal is, those are very hard to find and it probably wouldn't perform much better :p

the drivers? they are easy to find

www.partsexpress.com , they have all sorts of ones

and dude, getting a port for that sub, you would need an insanly huge one just for it to sound good, it only has about .46cu ft of box space, you need ALOT more.

oh and on that front hole that the Passive radiator is in, its a 8in hole, just go get a 8in speaker and have fun!

Back