• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Nalu video...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LancerJay

Has anyone tried running the Nalu demo/video thingy for the 6800 off of nvidia's website? I downloaded and installed it. It doesn't seem to be running the way it's supposed to though...it runs pretty slow and jaggy. I'm beginning to think that I have a bad video card. I have a BFG 6800 OC. Also, Doom 3 gets real choppy at times as well, fps drops to about 3-10. This is on 1024x768x32, 2xaa (or 2xaf, whatever option it was for in-game settings), and on ultra high quality settings.

When Doom 3 isn't choppy, it runs real smooth. Also, in Star Wars Galaxies, my fps likes to drop down to 1-10 as well. I'm thinking this could be a driver issue. I am using 61.77 drivers.

I was just thinking that if nVidia were to put a demo out for a specific video card, it would run flawlessly...right?

Check my sig for computer specs.

I ran it and I had no lag with 4x 4x :). But, it is supposed to run a little slow, that demo is really damanding on ANY system. Describe your lag with Doom3, so its choppy and it lags? I would crank it up to 1280 on high (I have mine on 1600 high with 4x 4x no lag :)) What card did you own before, did you use driver cleaner? Another thing, have you done the following?
1: Defrag your HD's?
2: Run Spybot search and destroy?
3: Disk Cleanup?

I had the same problems, but I defragged and it ran as smooth as ever. Like I said, my e-VGA 6800GT ran that thing like at 40FPS, its the demo's fault ;).

350w psu, it is a generic one that came with my case. I am getting a new psu soon to see if that solves the problem. Thanks for the replies though. And if you have any other suggestions/comments feel free to post em.

I guarentee you that its the problem. I went from a Thermaltake 410W PSU to an Antec 550W PSU and it solved the problem. At the time I had issues running the Bugkeeper Demo.

ya nalu is pretty much a demo for the 6800 that's too intense for the 6800. great move on nvidia's part :p. It runs ok on mine, but you can tell it's just BARELY running ok.

J.

Nalu demo runs at under 5fps on my 6800 at stock and even with 16 pipes and 6 vertex units enabled and oc'ed to 430/900mhz it ain't no better.

The PSU is an Antec TruePower 330w on a stock P4 test setup. Will try with my OCZ520w at the weekend.

bt

juliendogg said:
ya nalu is pretty much a demo for the 6800 that's too intense for the 6800. great move on nvidia's part :p. It runs ok on mine, but you can tell it's just BARELY running ok.

J.

Exactly what i experience when i still have the 6800nu, it just barely running it :confused: the 6800GT will run it normally.

Back