• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Screen !?!?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Spino

Registered
Everytime I open my computer, after the loading(Microsoft XP Professionnal) my screen shut down and come back after 10 seconds for selecting my "user name" and log on it. I know that my video card is the problem but how could I change that?

thx

ok but, I have Ati Catalyst 4.9 drivers, My monitors (cuz im running on 2) are ViewSonic A70f+ & Imago 15HXS, my resolution is 1152 x 864 and the refresh rate is 85, if I change them, the screen shut down when I restart it before the User selection... I really dunno what is the prob but I know that my video card is it! It do that since one year, and I formated arround 10 times in the year.. and the screen always shut down.

plz help me!

I think that is normal it happens to me everytime windows boots up, i think it is just loading the video drivers or something, I wouldn't worry about it.

Im not so sure its your video card. I know XP defaults back there after the screensaver turns off. Sounds like something it would do lol.

mm this isnt screen saver, When i boot xp, after the Winsows Loading boot page, my screen just shut down and open a few seconds later...for selecting my user account on my comp...

do u know what i mean?

Yea I do, I am just thinking there is perhaps something wrong with your installation of XP. It doesnt sound hardware related to me.

What you're experiencing is normal. It happens because the video settings profile (your personal settings) loads after Windows loads the standard video settings.

Back