• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best gf4 Ti4600 driver?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Str0be

Registered
i was curious what would be a good driver that wont give me that HORRIBLE video lag.. cant even play a old game like quake 2 without video lag! any help would be appreciated. if u need any info just ask. thx

Str0be said:
i was curious what would be a good driver that wont give me that HORRIBLE video lag.. cant even play a old game like quake 2 without video lag! any help would be appreciated. if u need any info just ask. thx

That sounds more like a system problem then a driver problem. Im running a geforce 4 ti 4200 OEM stocked clocked at gpu/ram 225/450 and overclocked to 303/550 and can run doom 3 in high quality mode at 2x AA at a bareable gameplay speed (15 fps in high gun fire/ 60 fps looking at the ground) Unreal tournament 2004 works great on my machine. As long as you have any driver 45.xx or above you should be in pretty good shape to play quake 2 in a kick *** mode. Give up some of your specs and settings so we can help you more.

Make sure you install the latest chipset drivers for your motherboard.
Also,I disagree with IRQ.I would go with the 4403 set and below.The newer drivers are optimized for the FX and 6800's.

I also have a Tit4600, I have used both the newest Omega Drivers(56.72) and the Omega 44.03 and Nvidia 44.03's. Any of those should suit you. All those drivers pretty much preformed the same.

I find the 43's the best on my Gf4 Ti4800SE (4400 8x). Anything higher is a big step backward, even in old games.

Your sig shows you only have 256Mb Ram. Perhaps the lag you are having is due to swapping from the Hard-drive, adding another 256Mb's (Atleast) may help. You could then take advantage of the Dual Channel feature on the NF7 as well:)

stratcatprowlin said:
In my experience,The 56.72 set is really terrible performance wise for anything TI.

I use those drivers for my 5950, and they work better then any driver i have used.

Back