• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

10mhz FSB OC = Prime failure

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GravitonSurge

I posted this in another thread but I figure nobody will see what I need answered.

GravitonSurge said:
In the Prime 95 torture test, I can't even go 1 minute without an error.. (Blend and In-Place)

This is with my FSB set to 210, did I do something wrong here?

I put my CPU (A64 3000+ CG) voltage to 1.55, my RAM (Kingston HyperX DDR533) to 2.8.. do I have to change my chipset voltage also? Or is there another factor going wrong here?

This is on a Chaintech VNF3-250 with newest BIOS btw. It reports about 45C cpu temp and 27C system temp. Are those wrong or something?

If theres more info you need, let me know.

Memory is at 3-4-4-8. I get errors at stock in Prime, at differing times.

Memory is 1T, does it have to be 2T?

Whats the HTT multiplier at, and what's your cooling like? 45C sounds a little high for those speeds and voltages, but probably not enough to cause instability.

What power supply do you have?

Fortron 530W PSU.

I've got one 120mm Sanyo Denki in the bottom front taking in air, and one under the PSU sucking it out. PCI slot cooler near the video card. XP-90 and High CFM Delta 92mm w/ AS5 on the CPU.

The multiplier? Well I have it at 200 x 10, for stock..

That's the CPU multiplier. It'll either be called the HTT multiplier or the LDT multiplier, and will probably be either 3x or 4x. You'll probably want it at 3x.

Ah, didn't notice your memory was at 1t. Running at 1T with a gig can be very difficult quite often. My memory doesn't run at 200MHz either at 1t. I bet your problems will go away if you use 2t. Though its odd it defaulted at 1t, CG's should come default at 2t.

You're going to want both to get decent overclocking headroom. The 2T will probably be necessary to run stable even at stock, and you'll need to back to down 3x almost immediately to overclock anyways.

Well Prime hasn't given me problems on stock for a few minutes, I'll try again at 210 and see if it doesn't crash within the first minute.

Edit: Running at 2.1ghz now.. I'll try upping it again later.

Last edited:
Back