• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NF7-S v2 SATA Question. Urgent

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Banetahtoh

Registered
I just put together a 2200 XP on a NF7-S v2 and I'm trying to install windows. Now the RAID controller (i believe that's what it is, comes up on boot, hit f4 to configure RAID) sees the HDD. But when Windows tries to install it says it doesn't detect the HDD. Do I have to do something extra?

You should hit f6, then you will be prompted to install drivers off the disk that came with the motherboard.

hmm, well, I get there and hit S then put the disk in at the prompt, but it just keeps reprompting. Is there any other way to install the drivers?

if its giving you an error like it cant read the disk try popping the disk out then putting it back in. Otherwise make sure your floppy drive is connected properly, ive stuck the cable on backwords before ;) Otherwise I don't know of any other way to do it.

Possible help

You might try getting the computer running with the EIDE/ATA whatever the ribbon cables are called. Once you get the computer running, start it with the SATA cable. I could not get it to install windows on SATA, so I did mine that way, not the best way, but it works. I did have to call Microsoft for a new code. Evidently Bill does not like you changing up the hard drives!

Good Luck!

E

Haha. Well, I pulled out the floppy drive and put in a new one, and that fixed it duh, I shoulda thought of it. thank you for all the replies.

hafaphoto said:
You might try getting the computer running with the EIDE/ATA whatever the ribbon cables are called. Once you get the computer running, start it with the SATA cable. I could not get it to install windows on SATA, so I did mine that way, not the best way, but it works. I did have to call Microsoft for a new code. Evidently Bill does not like you changing up the hard drives!

Good Luck!

E
I tried doing this but it still does not recognize the drive and of course wont boot from it. If you just want to install one sata drive do you still need to install the rain drivers from the floppy? I dont know why i cant get this to work!

Back