• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best config Guidance Please .. abit NOOB

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

UberSpleef

Registered
NF7 -s 2.0
mobile barton 2500
corsair xms pc3200 x3
9800 pro w/artic cooler
ultra ULT32017 cooler (replaced fan with high cfm from tt)
ultra x-connect 500watt psu

I loaded fresh copy of xp sp2 (third time :mad: ), used latest chip driver from nvidia 4.27
I use latest DNA drivers on the vga card

currently the nf7 bios is 6A61BA1BC-24

someone please assist me (with links to targets) on what bios/drivers/config I should use. I am currently running (have not touched bios other then date/time) at sys clock 100, sys bus 200, and multi 5 which was what loaded at rebuild. That goes for the volts and all that too.

Yesterday I messed with this and was very unsuccessful (why I did two rebuilds) and could not get the fsb past 133 with the multi at 12 (or 14, 11.5, 12.5, etc) with stability. I expected to be able to push this card to +200/+10.5 or so on this board.
I have successfully pushed my gigabyte board (unlocked 2400) well past what I am seeing with this abit board (currently that thoroughbred is runs stable at fsb of 190) - so I KNOW that something is not correct because the Abit board is supposed to be so much better.

I have read through parts of Sen's Massive bios string and have yet to decipher it ... tic-tac, trat, etc... is there a particular bios that will allow me to hit the numbers I listed above? What would be cool is if someone could point me to someone else that has the same or very similar hardware (btw, is there a way to search these forums for that sort of info?).

THANK you very much.

with your setup you should get at least 200x11 (probably higher) right out of the box, inrease the Vcore until you get the system stable.

I use TicTac's D23 3D-fire Bios but you should be able to get 200 also with the original without probs even 210.

ok I have found tictacs bios' and I see the d23 3d fire but am unclear on the 4227 4247 and cpc on or off how do I know which one I need?

Before flashing the bios, try first to get 200x11 with the original one. Did you raised the vcore yet or is still on Stock Voltage? On stock you should be able to get at least 166x12.5 maybe more.

Back