• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new dvd burner wont burn-sometimes

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

imaboutaquit

hello, I am a newbie to dvd burning. I just got a khypermedia 8X dvd+rw drive(i guess not the best but it was free after rebate). I installed , loaded the software which included win dvd, sonic record now, and dla software. I enabled dla on my drives(from the drive properties window), and selected "use dla on this drive" for the dvd burner. My first burn went fine, just some files using the "send to option". Problem is that intermittently, no dla drive shows up in the "send to" menu. Actually most of the time it does not. Is this my only option for burning? I have nero 5 but it came with my lite on cd burner and apparantly wont work with my dvd drive(doesnt show up as a recordable drive). Any ideas why sometimes the dla drive shows up sometimes and sometimes not? Sometimes the dvd drive wont even show up on explorer, rebooting usually helps that though. If it helps, i just recieved my motherboard back from rma and seem to be having some stability probs now(maybe they updated my bios).

Back