• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit-eq (overclocked System)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

justin0com

Hi Guy's

im wondering if anyone esle has had a random beep while playing games when the abit-EQ is running as im having problems with it beeping every now and again ive cheacked everything posible.

my system as follows:

Amd 2500+ (Running @ 3200 for three months)
1Gb of Kingston DDR 400 (Not been able to run in dual channel at 3200),
2 x 250Gb Hdd's,
128mb Ati Radeon 9800 pro @ XT speeds,
2 optical dvd-rw's,
SB Audigy 2 ZS,
TV-Tuner,
5 Case Fans,
CPU Cooler is a thermal take volcano 7 modd version,
also on the Ati card is a VGA silencer V3,
there are two usb slots being used,
all running of a 400Watt murcury power supply,

im going to get a new PSU Soon (If Needed)

please if anyone could help me i would really like to know whats causing these beemps.

Many thanks
justin

Maybe you have CPU temp warning setup in BIOS. I had mine set up @ 50C and it beeped while gaming in 90F ambient temperature.

In the BIOS i have it @ 55 0c and the abit-EQ at the same but the room temp is 15 0c case temp is @ 25-27 0c depending on what im doing, ill set it to 60 0c to see if it stops the beeps.

could it be the ATI radeon 9800 pro is sucking all the power from the power supply? as im thinking it might be the PSU dropping below the 10% margine.

but i will see if it stops after setting the CPU temp higher (Bloody CPU temp sensor)

Thanks for the reply.

When it starts beeping again open abit-eq and check to see which of the readings is red, I had a problem with fan speed as my psu will slow the it's fan speed to keep it silent, if it is just annoying you just remove the check marks from "beep" in the monitor settings.

thanks for this its stopped but ive had to set the bios for it @60 0c but i know its not running anywhere neer that temp

im wondering which is telling the truth?

The BIOS
or
The ABIT-EQ

im wondering if ones telling a lie or ones just utter c*ap

:bang head

I think that abit eq just reads what the bios says, I know that the easytuner 4 on the gigabyte boards did.

ive just hacked my system away to make sure the 5 case fans are working better (cut all metal blocking some air flow) now so called the CPU is idleing @ 33-34 0c and the CPU fan is only @ 4115 RPM now im going to see if it will beep after 3 hrs of game play tonight.

thanks for ur help again.

ill see if it beeps.

it might be the PSU

thanks alot
justin

ill let u all know

Back