• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fan connectors

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Thanatos_2005

How many fan connectors traditionally come on a mobo? I'm just asking because I was looking at mine yesterday and discovered that mine only has 3! I';m using a P4P800-E Deluxe, BTW

no you just wouldn't be able to have to powered or monitored by the motherboard. You'd have to get a 4 pin molex fan, and power it via the psu

no ur not screwed u just need a lil adaptor thingy.......they are cheap........it will hook 2 a molex connector and turn it in2 a fan connection........a local computer shop or show will have them........

ok thanks guys! and this connector regulates the wattage going into the fan, right? so I won't have to worry about overloading the motor

Thanatos_2005 said:
ok thanks guys! and this connector regulates the wattage going into the fan, right? so I won't have to worry about overloading the motor
No,the power supply puts out 12 volts on the line(which most pc fans are meant to run at),so theres no need to regulate the voltage.

Back